Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love natural fibers...pretty much any of them. I am not crazy about acrylics but will use an acrylic/wool blend for stuff for my kids so it will be easier to wash. I can't stand novelty yarns.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a needle roll that I sewed up to hold my dpns, my crochet hooks and my addis.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting just a little over a year now. I have no idea how to classify my skill level. Maybe an advanced beginner or a novice intermediate?

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes I do. Right here.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Hm. I love fruit scents and "baking" scents. As long as they are subtle. Actually I pretty much like most candle scents as long as they are subtle.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I love dark chocolate!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

My DH got my spinning wheel for Christmas and I am learning how to spin. I'm not too great at it yet but I LOVE it. I also crochet, sew, bead,stamp, scrapbook, ... I am pretty much game for almost any craft.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Contemporary Christian Music. I also enjoy listening to classical.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Jewel tones and earth tones. I love colors found in nature. Most of my house is done in toupe, burgundy, and green, so I guess those are favorites. I don't like bright unnatural colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married to the best guy in the world. (Yesterday was our 8th Wedding anniversary!) I have three children, ages 7, 5, and 3. And two cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Scarves and mittens. I love hats but just look silly in them. I can't stand most ponchos. (I have seen exceptions to that rule, but not too many.)

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Small instant gratification things. My absolute favorite thing to knit are socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?

One pair of trekking socks. (The same ones I was almost finished with earlier but my dear sweet 3 yo decided to frog....somehow I haven't had much motivation to work on them lately.) Afgan squares for a throw my mom and I are working on for a family member that is getting married in September. And a striped crochet tank top. (But you asked about knitting.) I do have two sweaters on the needles (Tubey and To dye for) that I have set aside for now but plan on picking them back up before fall.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

They are my favorite thing to give and receive!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Circulars! I never use straights. I have a Denise set that I love (And a boye set that I don't like.) For any size that I don't have in my Denise set I buy Addis. All of my dpn's are bamboo or rosewood.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes to both.

17. How did you learn to knit?

Combination of books and Knittinghelp.com


18. How old is your oldest UFO?

Probably those socks....Started those just before Christmas.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas and Easter!

20. Is there anything that you collect?

BOOKS! YARN!

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Nothing that I can think of now. I have s subscription to Family Circle Easy Knitting (or at least I did...I think it ran out) and Spin It.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I would really like to try fair isle.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes. 7 1/2" around the ball of my foot and my foot is 8" long.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

September 5th

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for posting ;) can't wait to get started!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home