Saturday, March 25, 2006

The ups and downs of sock knitting

First the "ups." I finished these socks for my 4 year old daughter! She loves them and would wear them every day if I let her. They are made with Knitpicks simple stripes in 'snapdragon.'
Now for the 'downs.' Remember my Trekking sock I am working on? Last weekend I was able to get a lot of knitting time in and I managed to get the first sock up to the point of shaping the tow. I got up the next morning to find that my three year old had decided to "knit!" He had taken out the needles and unraveled the sock! Almost all of it by the time I caught him!!!!!! I could cry!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I caught my 4yo trying to "knit" the other day -- fortunately I got to him in time and no damage was done. Sorry about your sock!

8:27 PM  
Blogger vickthompson said...

Thanks Amber. He has done this once before. Last time there wasn't any damage done. He had just woven a long addi around and through and around... easily untangled. This time I lost most my work!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Meredith said...

Eeeep! Sorry Vicki. Those other socks are cute though!

3:47 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

OUCH!! :(

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home