Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm learning crochet!

I finished my first crochet project! This scarf is from the new SNB Happy Hooker




I am actually pretty pleased with it. It took me about two nights to finish. I was so surprised at how quick crochet is compared to knit.

Now I am working on a stripped tank top...also from Debbie Stoller's book.



This one is taking me a little longer than the other but the thread is so thin and I haven't been working on it very consistently. I am taking a break for some Mother's day knitting and will hopefully get back to it soon.

Here's a close upof the stitches.

5 Comments:

Blogger Knittinreed said...

Nice even crochet stitches! Wow.
So is crocheting quick? Is it difficult to learn?
I am knitting a sweater that has crochet edges ... and will have to learn.

11:39 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

The crocheting looks great Vicki!

8:12 PM  
Blogger vickthompson said...

I tried crochet out last year and just didn't get it. But Debbie Stoller seems to put it in a way that just made sense. Now I am finding it pretty simple.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Thanks, Vicki! I'll have to hustle out and get her book.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will be taking a class in june from my lys to learn crochet! i taught myself everyting about knitting, but for some reason i am having a hard time with crochet! it looks great vicki! it gives me more options for gifts to get you too!
your SP

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home