Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm an Aunt!!

Well I have been an Aunt for 8 years but this is MY first biological nephew. My 4th nephew all together. (I need to get a niece here at some point but...)

Anyways Ryan James was born at 8:39 am this morning(November 21). He weighes 9 lbs. 5 oz. and is 21 inches long. He is a big boy! Fun thing is he looks JUST like my oldest! (Who looks just like my brother who is Ryan's father so I guess he gets the credit.)
While I was waiting for the sitter to come so I could go visit him, I whipped these little shoes up. (Sorry for the lighting. They really are cute.)

I found the tutorial at Stardust Shoes and thought they were the cutest little little shoes. It was actually an easy pattern. That is it should have been. But I had been at the hospital until 1 am the night before waiting and finially decided to go home to bed. Got to bed by 3 am to have my lovely children wake me up at 6:30 am. So I was TIRED. Not to mention anxious for my sitter to arrive. I finished the first shoe and went to admire my work when I realized I had sewn the sole on upside down or rather inside out. So I ripped it apart. Then I sewed the toe on the heel and the heel on the toe. It took me a while to figure out why it didn't look right. So I had to rip it out again. Third time was a charm though. I am pretty pleased with how they turned out but I am going to have to make a few more pairs. We held Ryans foot up to these shoes (pattern says 6 months). Ryan is sure not going to get 6 months out of these shoes! He may be lucky to get 6 weeks. Now I need to figure out how to adjust the pattern to make a larger shoe.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How fun - and the booties are adorable.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Congratulations!! He's adorable . . . and so are the little shoes you cranked out. :)

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Isn't he just soooo sweet!!!????

11:58 AM  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Congratulations, Auntie! Cute, cute baby and shoes too.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, Congratulations! He's a beautiful baby!

I love the shoes!!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

what a handsome little guy :) and the shoes are too cute vicki!!!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's a cutie. Those shoes look great. I haven't had a baby to sew shoes for just yet, but next friend that gets pregnant is getting some of these. :o)

There is a little boy at church that looks just like my middle guy did when he was a baby. I just love that little boy. You'd think it would make me want another...but it really doesn't. :o)

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home