Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Book Review: In Stitches

Recently I have been thinking about dusting off my sewing machine and putting it to some use. So yesterday as I was browsing the craft sections at Barnes and Noble I found this great book.
I think this book maybe just what I need to get sewing again. There are a number of fabulous projects and the fabrics that Designer Amy Butler uses are wonderful. She organizes the projects by the room it is meant for. For example "Living Room" projects include a quilted throw, and pillows for the floor as well as the sofa. She also has a kitty tunnel I am sure my feline friends would enjoy! Included in the kitchen is a fabulous vintage looking waist apron, that I might even use! And potholders that remind me of the ones my grandmother had in her kitchen when I was a little girl. One of the bedroom projects is a bedside organizer that fits between the mattress and boxspring. It is meant to hold a book, pens, your glasses, an ipod, magazines, and I suppose anything else you might need close by your bed. My nightstand always has so much on it that I can barely find the nightstand. This will be my first project and one I think I may make for a number of people on my Christmas list. Other Bedroom projects include PJ bottoms, a sleeping mask and a duvet cover. There are projects for the Bathroom, Office, and a number of fun bags including one that she calls a checkbook clutch that looks beyond me at present but I love so much I am definately going to have to work my way up to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Would love to see you tackle some of those projects! ;)

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that book and really enjoy flipping through all the ideas, but haven't had the chance to try anything yet! Do you realize that our blog names are similar? Sewing is my therapy, too. :o)

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home