Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm in love!

I know everyone has been saying so much about how soft and how fabulous Malabrigo is...but I avoided it. After all if it is really as good as everyone says it must cost a fortune. So when I saw it at my LYS and it was only $11 a skein (not cheap but definately not expensive either), I thought "Well, they must be exaggerating. How great can it be?" Still I picked up 3 skeins thinking I might make a felted bag or something. The skeins felt pretty soft and I liked the colorway...so what they heck. My Malabrigo sat for a couple weeks just looking pretty in my basket. Last night I decided I wanted to make Clapotis. I have been planning on making this since I first saw it but wantd a soft yarn to do it in. So I cast on...

It is like knitting with a cloud! Of course you already know this and are nodding your head thinking, "Finally, she gets it!" I looked over at my husband and swore I may never knit with another yarn again. He looked at me as if he might have to have me committed. I've decided that I simply must have some type of cardigan or shrug made with this. I actually can't imagine how I have survived this long without one.

3 Comments:

Blogger essjay said...

I'm glad you like Malabrigo - YUMMYYY!! The Clapotis looks wonderful in it - I might have to knit one using that yarn.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

malabrigo is very soft! i love the stuff too :)
SP

2:15 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

Oh, your clappie is going to be lovely! It's fun to knit, too!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home