Friday, November 17, 2006

Knitting and Sewing

As I have said earlier, I have had a renewed interest in sewing and here is the project that kick started this resurrection of a former hobby.

Our babysitter has been asking for a felted bag. Since her 18th Birthday is Sunday, I figured I better get knitting. Sophie took me just two evenings to knit, but has yet to be felted. Yesterday I made a trip to JoAnn's and picked up some fabric to line the bag. I am going to through the bag in the washer this afternoon. (Once I catch up on my laundry first.) Then I will get started on the lining. I am hoping my sewing skills aren't too rusty. My machine has spend quite a while collecting dust on a shelf in my craft closet. Now that I am dusting it off, I plan on giving it some good use. While at JoAnn's I picked up a few extra's to make a couple projects from Amy Butler's Book that I reviewed in my previous post.
I can't wait to get started. I am really very excited about this. (My husband is groaning about another hobby to suck up my time and our money....He got over it when I pointed out that the fabric is *hopefully* meant for Christmas gifts. We will have to see how they turn out first.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

How funny - I was just cutting pattern pieces out of flannel I bought last year to make PJs!! We must be on the same track!! I'm sure you will have no problem getting back in the sewing groove. Now I want to knit a Sophie Bag too - yours looks great. (And it was my grandmother's name)

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felting - what fun! I like to sew and do a little knitting (not very well, I might add.) You're a knitter that's doing some sewing. :o) That bag would have taken me MONTHS to finish. I can't believe you did it in 2 nights. That fabric will make a great liner.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home