Monday, September 25, 2006

Never Say Die

Sock Wars Started Friday. I know for most this would be the best time to engage in sock warfare. The whole weekend ahead of them. However this stay at home warrior is busier on the weekends than most. I was barely home this weekend at all. And the little time I was at home was mostly spent sleeping! So last night I discovered that I had a little time to knit. So I dived into my arsenal (stash) only to discover that I not only didn't have the right ammunition (DK weight yarn) but my not to appropriate weapon (US size 4 needles....I have US3 and US5...but not US4.) So I am psyching myself up for a run to the LYS, when I receive an email from my assassin....The bomb (socks) has been launched!!!! So thus ends my brief time as a Sock Soldier. Gone before I even got started...

On a good note....Great way to get even with her! She will be receiving untouched DK yarn and will have to start from scratch! That'll get her!

4 Comments:

Blogger essjay said...

Isn't it typical when you really want to do something you have no time to do it? Sorry you died so quickly!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

I'm going to have to agree with you, if you are knocked out of the wars, then the fact that she gets untouched yarn is good :wink:
I mean, are these warriors speed knitters?! sounds like it!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I didn't join Sock Wars -- too high stress for me. How do these people knit socks so fast??!! At least you have some socks to look forward to! :-)

1:30 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

he he he! that'll show her whos boss ;) revenge is sweet even when dead ;)

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home