Thursday, June 29, 2006

My Rabbit Salad

I love to garden. I love to watch a garden grow and see the colors of the flowers. Our last house had such a nice garden. I would sit outside and read and just be near my garden. Then we moved. Our new house is sitting on what use to be a farmers field just a few years ago. I guess this field has been home to a large and very hungry community of rabbits. Every thing I plant they eat.

First it was my hosta...It has been chomped to the ground.

I decided to add these pretty plants (Can't for the life of me tell you what they are.) And for a while they seemed safe. Not too bad....

And then this morning I find that the one furthest from the front door has fallen victim to my bunny friends.

Now my lilies are also losing the battle of the bunnies. My 3 yo found this poor chewed lily on the ground by my back door...(brave little vermin) and brought me the "pretty."

I am about ready to dig it all out and admit defeat...

7 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

Sorry about the bunnies! Looks like they have quite a buffet in your yard. I used to have a bunny, Lacey (thought it was a girl, but I was wrong) that ran free in the house, used a litter box, etc. Well, when he began to spray as boys do, he went outside, he ran free in our yard for years, used to meet the car when we came home, like a dog! Everyone in the neighborhood knew him & looked forward to seeing him everyday. Well, all that to say, he dined on everything in the yard, too!

8:38 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

To bad about all the flowers and plants :( I'd say fence in part of the yard but how much fun is it to look at flowers through a fence! :(

8:55 AM  
Blogger vickthompson said...

Fencing in the yard doesn't seem to work. Our back yard is fenced in and they feast back there as well. The lily came from the back yard.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's like the bunnies are laughing at you now... they are bringing presents! i know you'll get em' :)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

See your hosta? Picture it chomped to a nub....just one little nub....and you then you will know wht my hosta garden looks like. I thought it was the deer. But now that I think about it, deer never bothered my hostas in the old house. Hummmm, maybeI have rabbitts too!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you open your hint gift yet?

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
Flat screen furniture Travel agents in cocoa florida glider rocker chair Hvac design software

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home