Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Socks a la Queen Kahuna

Ophelia is at the animal hospital for her ear surgery. I feel so sad for her. Poor thing is just miserable. The Vet said she should be able to come home tonight. Can you believe they asked if we wanted pain medication for her? I am amazed people would consider not relieving their pain to save a few dollars. We can not afford any part of this surgery but I am definately not going to allow her to continue in pain or be in pain after the surgery is completed. I am just shocked! Anyways I can't wait until my baby kitty comes home tonight. I should be hearing this afternoon from the vet.

Now onto knitting news....

I finally finished them! It only took me forever because it was pretty much only worked on when I was out of the house since most of my home knitting time was reserved for the afghan. But they are done! And I am really pleased with them. They are probably my best fitting socks I have made yet! And the yarn is super yummy (misty alpaca!) They feel absolutely fabulous to wear. (Of course it is still in the 80's everyday here so it will be a while until I am wearing them.)
I just cast on some trekking yarn (from an abandoned sock project started last Christmas...Baby got to it...Long story.) And am almost to the point of starting the gusset increase. I modified the Jaywalking pattern so it could be knit toe up using this technique. I will let you know how it is going.!

6 Comments:

Blogger essjay said...

The socks looks great! I remember the color when I saw you last month - such a beautiful color.

Hugs you you and Ophelia - I hope she came home safe and isn't in too much pain.

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your kitty! I hope she's feeling better soon!

The socks look great!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

Love, love your socks, they look great!
Hope kitty is okay!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Knittinreed said...

Poor Ophelia! I hope she comes home soon.

Your socks look delicious! I also loved learning with Queen kahuna - she made sock knitting very clear for me.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Alyson said...

Hiii! I can finally read up on you! I got my package and I loved EVERYTHING. (Malabrigo! Ahhh!) I've already spun one of the bags of fiber (had a surprise hurricane day, yay!) and I'll be starting up the other one tonight, hopefully! I didn't get pictures of my goodies up (I was too anxious to get started spinning!) but I'll do that soon (tonight?) and get a proper thank you on my blog (there's a photo-less thanks for the time being). (Oy, what a mess of exclamation points and parentheses!)

Thank you for spoiling me so wonderfully - Travis was grateful to you, too - he didn't have to work so hard at it these past few months! Although he is tripping over the 27 water bottles filled with kool-aid that are now lined up along the kitchen wall. Ahh, the obsessions you've started/fed along the way. :-)

Those socks look good - I may need to make a pair just like that too!

How's Ophelia?? Is she okay? Poor baby kitty...I hope she's recovering well - but thank goodness...it looks like she has a lot of love to heal her.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hope ophelia feels better soon... and the socks look great! i have a question since you home school, do u follow normal school years? and if you do are you and the kiddos back in the routine? easily i hope!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home