Monday, July 31, 2006

Cake and Presents


The Birthday Princess had a wonderful time at her party last weekend. She had 4 princesses and 5 knights in attendence (two of which were her brothers.) The children made crowns, sheilds and necklaces. And they all fought the pinata dragon (We have warrior princesses here!) And the haul of goodies she got was amazingly girly. She was loving it!
But I got a few presents myself!!!
Last week, The kids and I meet two of my knitting friends from Knitting Help Andrea and Julie and her children at The Fine Line for some yarn shopping! What a fabulous place. It specializes in teaching fiber arts as well as pottery and some drawing and painting. The kids and I went poking in the weaving room. I am fascinated by weaving and those huge looms just look overwhelming to me. I would LOVE to take a weaving class there to demystify the art of weaving a bit. Attached to the art school is a fiber shop. They have an amazing selection of yarns! It was so tempting to take a huge bag home with me! But remembering my yarn diet I decided to buy this instead:

I figured spinning fiber wasn't yarn yet, right! So it didn't count. The spindle is a louet student spindle that can be spun as both a high and a low whorl. I can't remember what the fiber is but it looked pretty. It is a pencil roving and after being assured that it was spinnable without falling apart I decided I had to get it!
And just to add more goodies to my stash...the mailman brought me my Secret Pal Goodies!

Check out those awesome goodies! Catherine has got to be the best pal. (Yes I know who she is...she told me.......)Remember my Hint Gift from my last package. The single skein of Cascade and two patterns that take only one skein....Well if I were on my toes (which I wasn't) I would have figured out that the One Skein was the clue...This package was themed from the book One Skein. My Package included the book as well as a single skein each of Classic Yarn Cashsoft Baby Dk in blue and one in tan (I have a nephew on the way to arrive in November so that will get put to good use!), a skein of Baby Silk in Black and a skein of Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Autumn. Catherine is also a Texan so she included a Texas shaped sucker for each one of the kiddlets! (They are very appreciative btw.) Two packages of Texas Coffee and a package of Spicy hot Texas Style Peanuts (That my husband gobbled down immediately!!!) She also included another hint gift that she graciously allowed me to open right away. (Thanks for that!) It was two skeins of Knit Picks Sock Garden in Morning Glory. So now to take our guesses as to the theme of the last box...Hmmm....is socks too obvious?

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

I'm glad you liked the goodies! And yes, it was hard not to make the "hint gift" so obvious :)So be expecting the last package the last two weeks of Aug... ;)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Oh Gees! happy b-day Princess!!!! *hugs*

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter. What a beautiful cake! Did you make it!?

The fiber and the spindle definitely don't count, so no worries with the yarn diet. ;-)

Wow, your Secret Pal is very good a putting together awesome gifts!

10:33 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

What a great package! I'm glad the b-day party went well!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home