Monday, August 14, 2006

Stitches Weekend!

Stitches Midwest was this weekend and this was my first time attending. Saturday the Illinois member of Knitting Help (Andrea,Kelly, Hilde, Julie and I) and Angelia and Marce even flew in from out of state!) all met up at Stitches. Walking through the booths was overwhelming. It was complete sensory overload! So much Yarn! I did manage to narrow down my choices some.

I bought two skeins of Super Sock and Baby from Tess's Designer Yarns. One I plan on using for socks for me! And the other for a baby cardigan for my nephew who is arriving in November. I found some beautiful roving at Angora Cottage. I just can't wait to spin that up! I bought a skein of Regia sock yarn (can't remember where but they were running an awesome end of show special Sunday when I went back with my mom!) And I also bought a ball of cashmere lace and another of the softest cotton from Habu Textiles. These yarns were amazing! They had so many unique textures. I probably could have spent my whole budget there and then some! Their yarns are beautiful! I also picked up a few patterens and and a book Knitting Nell. The author was there and signed a copy for Madison. (Shhhhh....She will be getting the book, a skein of yarn and some chunky needles with it for Christmas!)
My Mom and I went back Sunday and she had a great time. She crochets and said she could never learn to knit...Well after an hour learn to knit class...she is now a knitter!
Saturday was also a Bridal Shower for my Sister in Law's Sister who is getting married next month. My mother and I made her an afghan. This is a never ending project as those of you who have finsihed an afghan know. Anyways the blanket ended up a big hit. Here is a picture of the finished blanket and matching pillows waiting on my sofa to be folded and wrapped.

About half the squares were crocheted by my mom and I knit the other half. I wasn't sure how it would turn out with the blanket being a mix of crochet and knit, but I think it turned out beautiful. I am quite proud of it. (I won't be doing any other afghans any time soon though.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That afghan is absolutely, stunningly gorgeous!!! And, i love the matching pillows too. What a wonderful gift!!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

wow! it's beautiful, and the goodies look fabulous!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

Oh my, sounds like Stitches was such fun!
I LOVE, LOVE the afghan!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i mailed your package today! it should be there friday.... hunt down that postalworker like a rabid dog! :) I know I will be :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger essjay said...

I'm glad you had such a good time at Stitches and you got some great buys!

That afghan is STUNNING! Beautiful job!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home