Monday, July 10, 2006

The felting cure?

I decided to try and use my first homespun yarn. Now as far as yarn goes this stuff barely qualifies...yet I made it with my two little hands. So of course I have to find something I could use it for. It is super think and barely spun in some places and super thin and over spun in others, so I decided I could only use it for felting. After all felting hides all things, right? Well I hope so. I started on a booga bag last weekend....

It is really AWEFUL to knit with. It's pretty scratchy stuff.

I'm wondering if felting will help this? Or is it "unhelpable?" Stay tuned and we'll find out...

2 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I bet that after you felt...all will be fine!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if felting will change the scratchiness, but everything else should even out. The colors are beautiful -- it'll be a gorgeous bag!!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home