Monday, September 18, 2006

"Kitty and Knitty" Update

Thank you all for the well wishes for Ophelia. Life has been crazy between a sick cat, work and school starting the last few weeks, just breathing feels like it needs to be scheduled!
Ophelia is doing well and if she could she would thank you all for the comments and emails. She was actually a pretty miserable kitty for a while. She had to wear one of those vet collars for three weeks while her stitches were in. She HATED it!


The stitches and the collar have been gone for a few days now and she is a much happier girl! Her ear is now wrinkled and crooked...but it fits her personality better!

I haven't completed any knitting projects lately, although I have been working on them. I am just about half way through Clapotis. And I cast on for some Jaywalkers Socks in Trekking as well as a Baby Cardigan for my nephew we are expecting in November.

I did however complete a little crocheted bag. It took me just part of an afternoon and I made it from some left over Plymouth Encore I had in my stash.

I needed a little bag for my wireless mouse and memory stick. The pattern is from One Skein. I altered the pattern slightly to make it the appropriate size.
I make have to make a couple more in different sizes. I could use one for my make up....a tiny one for my MP3 player....I am sure I can come up with some other uses as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I'm so happy kitty is doing better!
I really like your little bag, too!!

8:49 AM  
Blogger essjay said...

Poor Ophelia! I'm so glad she is doing better - that little collar looks so cute on her, too bad she was miserable! That crochet bag is adroable - little bags like that are always nice to have. I do hope you find more time to breathe!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Ophelia is doing better!

The bag is really cute!

12:42 PM  
Blogger BrownBerry said...

Hi Vicki!
So happy to have found your blog!!
I *Love* that mouse/memory stick pouch you made.

Hope to see you again on my next trip up north!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Salaam & Shanti Bariatric Yoga said...

How is Ophelia? You've been investigated and I somehow skipped your blog. I put Deb as having the cat named Ophelia....Oh well I am not such a good investigator I guess.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home