Friday, December 08, 2006

I know you might not believe this but....

I have actually been knitting. Really. I have...Just look! I picked up this little skein of Malabrigo to make a scarf to go with my new black wool coat. The Scrunchable Scarf seemed to be the perfect scarf for this yarn. I am going to absolutely love this scarf. It is so soft.

I also started a gift for a co-worker. We always have our meetings at a local coffee shop and thought she might appreciate a felted coffee cuff and a gift certificate for some coffee (or in her case...tea.) This is my first fair isle pattern and I am pretty pleased how it is turning out. I have some parts that are a little tighter than others but I am hoping that this uneveness will work out in the felting. Hopefully I will finish it this weekend and throw it in the wash.

In addition to knitting, I have also done a little Christmas gift sewing. I found a tutorial for a patchwork craft apron. I thought the kids would love these so I figured out how to scale down the pattern for little people and picked out some fabric I thought they would like. I was surprised at how easy they were even for such a novice like myself. I did make one change. Instead of sewing the ties, I just used grosgrain ribbon. Lazy, I know but hey Christmas is upon us. Carson's is the spiderman and Nathan's is the army camouflage. I still need to sew one up for Madison. I just have way too many cute girly prints to choose from. I'll get to that over the weekend. Maybe I'll even stitch one up for myself!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Malabrigo scarf is looking lovely. The scrunchable has totally become my favorite scarf pattern and I think it is fantastic in Mmmmmmmmmm.

What a thoughtful gift idea for your co-worker. I bet she'll love it!

And those aprons are absolutely adorable!! My ds would love something like that -- too bad my sewing machine is packed away. One of these days I'll get it out again... *sigh*

8:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The felting of the coffee hugger will take out unevenness. What a great gift.

I also really like your tree and mantle. We have yet to decorate.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home