Monday, December 04, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

We are still in the middle of our first big freeze of the year. I can't stand to be cold. I truly believe I was born in the wrong part of the country. I should be living in Florida or Southern California, Arizona...Anywhere south of here! But instead I am in Chicago. And my crazy husband actually likes this weather. (Well...he doesn't like it as cold as it is now...but he loves the cold and the snow...) What I do like about this time of year is decorating the house. I love the Christmas lights and the tree.

The Christmas stockings in the picture were my first sewing project ever. I was given an old singer sewing machine from a girlfriend whose hubby bought her some fancy new one. So I decided to make Christmas stockings. That was about 4 years ago. Take a peek at the second stocking from the right. Notice anything missing? I made the stockings while I was pregnant with my third child so I made one for him too... The only thing was I didn't know "who" he was yet. So I left the name blank. Now he is 3 1/2 years old and his stocking is still nameless. I notice it every year and think I will get to it...and somehow I put it away each year still nameless. Poor little guy asked this year why his name wasn't on his stocking...Ooops. I promised him the to do it before Santa comes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

They are so cute!!! That's a funny story about the stocking without the name. I guess now that he notices, it's time to stop procrastinating and put his name on. :)

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh - Chicago??? We used to live in Michigan...my neck and back would ache from walking to my classes with my head down so that the wind wouldn't hit my face. I'm sorry! But at least in Chicago your kids will know what real snow is. :o) And isn't that how it is with the third child? Their baby book isn't very detailed, they wear all hand-me-downs, and their stocking is nameless. :o)

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those!! That could very well be me, I have so many things to get done and they seem to slip into the never-done pile. Maybe this will push you to get it done this year. I'll be waiting to see. :) Just a little friendly blogger motivation.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home