Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I owe someone an apology

I have been a bad secret pal spoilee. I recieved my package a week or so ago from my fabulous pal and sent her off an email but have failed to show you all the wonderful things she sent and thank her properly. I am so sorry SP!

She sent such wonderful goodies. She themed the gift to warm holiday drinks! Yummy! My kinda theme! I received my new favorite mug that I fight my husband for nightly! Yummy teas,chocolates (dark chocolate my favorite! And Dark Chocolate Truffles! Double yum!) Biscotti! And even chocolate yarn! Yep you read that right! Lorna's Laces Shepherd socks in chocolate colorway! Can't beat that!

This gift truely was appreciated more than you could possibly know. See it arrived the day after my husband and I had one of those talks that aren't too fun to have. We made the decision for me to return to work which will most likely mean we would no longer be able to homeschool and would have to put the kids in school. So now we are in a state of craziness trying to figuring how I can go back to work. We have a tentative plan that hopefully will work out and allow the kids to stay home for the remainder of the year. I am terrified I won't be able to keep up with it all and worried about where we will put the kids in school next year. Public School is affordable but doesn't quite fit our philosophy of education (hence we homeschool.) Montessori gels nicely with our beliefs on learning but is SO expensive. We have an excellent Montessori near by and we are just praying that we will be able to afford this fabulous school.

So without getting further into our current craziness, you can see how receiving this package brought a much needed smile to my face. Thanks again SP! I absolutely love it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the package I sent you arrived at such an opportune time. I do hope that you'll find a good solution to your school/work dilemna. Hoping to cause you more joy with my next package!

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet package. I'm so sorry - this is a difficult decision you are having to face. I hope your plan works out and you feel at peace about how everything goes. Kids are resilliant - they can adjust! It's us adults that often have a hard time. :o) God bless.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm, yummy chocolate!

Sorry to hear about the school dilemma. We're facing a similar problem with school. Alden starts Kindergarten next year and I feel too overwhelmed/tired to homeschool and we can't afford a private school (would love to send him to a Montessori school also as I love their educational philosophy). So, we've opted to move to an area where the public schools are better than here and hope for the best. We'll see if I change my mind re: homeschooling after that becomes a reality. ;-)

Hope everything works out for you!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home