Saturday, July 08, 2006

Felting & Spinning Fiber

While reading on Knitting Help Forums, I found this fabulous Link for felting around a bar of soap. Looking at all the great mountain of suds this produces and thinking of the mess it would make, I know immediately that this was a FABULOUS project for the kids and I on a hot day OUTSIDE!!! How fun does that look?!?! So I went looking for somewhere I can order just a handful of fiber is a variety of colors. I found this Ebay Seller and bought some fiber. Look at all the pretty colors!

I can't wait to try this out with the kids this weekend! While I was browsing this nice lady's ebay store, I couldn't help but pick up some spinning fiber for me.

Doesn't it just look yummy. Socks I am thinking. Now if I can only spin it up nice enough to actually use for socks....a challenge for me to be sure! The name of this seller's farm is Jehovah Jireh Farms. Jehovah Jireh means "The Lord provides." And I guess the Lord wanted to provide me with some extra practice because ebay slightly overcharged me with shipping (I honestly wouldn't have even noticed it was so slight) and Amy, the owner of the farm, emailed me to tell me she would send along a little extra to compensate... Well here is what she sent.

It's just a few ounces of each...just enough to fill one bobbin. But isn't it pretty? I have already spun up the orange one and it is fun to watch the colors as I'm spinning. I have only worked with undyed fibers before so this was new to me. I still need to ply it and will show you pictures later.

1 Comments:

Blogger essjay said...

Those colors are stunning!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home