Thursday, July 06, 2006

Mysteries Abound

So are you up for a mystery or two? I love mysteries. So I joined a couple knitalongs that offer a bit of mystery. One is the Monthly Dishcloth Knitalong . I know your thinking "Dishcloths?", but this one is really fun. They do two knitalongs a month. You are given in advance the color of cotton yarn to purchase. Then daily you are given about 8-10 lines. It is fun to watch the pattern emerge and take guesses as to what it is. Here are the last two kal's we did. The star we did at the end of June and I was able to guess that one pretty quick. The other I don't know how well you can see. It is a dolphin jumping out of the water. This one kept me guessing until almost the end. It was knit from the top down so I was trying to guess upside down. Once I got to the bottom and started the water I figured it out.

I have another mystery that needs solving as well. I was good. I managed to wait until July to open my Hint Gift from my SP.

She sent me one skein of Cascade 220 and two patterns: Topi and Sophie. She also sent a note along telling me I could go ahead and use the skein to make one of the patterns or wait to see what she sends next! Hmmm.....
Speaking of mysteries. As you all know I am as much a book-a-holic as I am a yarn addict. So when I found the Whoduknit Knitalong. This is going to be set up just like the Knit the Classics Knitalong that I have been a part of recently. Fun!

3 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

I've done the monthly dish cloth before, it's fun! The book/knit along sounds intriquing!

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a neat KAL... love those dishcloths! I know that you know who I am but I will still try to the rest of my comments as anonymous ;)
SP

12:50 PM  
Blogger essjay said...

Those mystery dishcloths must be fun! The SP hint gift is cool...makes you wonder what is next!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home