Friday, January 26, 2007

The Best Secret Pal!

Lookie what came in the mail for me!

The packaging was so pretty! So pink and springy! Being January in Chicagoland, I appreciate every bit of spring I can find!

Then I opened it! WOW! Thank you so much Valerie for everything. You have been a great secret pal!
Can you all see everything fun that Valerie sent? (Sorry for the aweful photography!) She sent my kids some adorable little animal buttons. (They send lots of thanks and I had to fight with them to leave them on the cardboard long enough to take the picture!) and some fun soaps for their bathroom. (Madison claimed the flower one right away!) And for me some fabulous Fleece artist sock yarn in an absolutely wonderful colorway, the Diamond Fantasy Shawl pattern and some gorgeous painted knitting needles. (I have decided I need a collection of hand painted needles and spindles! These are so pretty. I am so sorry my horrible picture taking skills cut off the pretty painting) And for the non-knitting goodies. I found a cute little picture frame with spaces for three pictures...(Hmmm...three kids....three soaps...three pictures...a slew of cute pins....Valerie did her homework!) And Yummy dark chocolate truffles! Hubby and I already dipped into these with our Merlot! (Dark Chocolate must accompany a good merlot in this house.) Thanks again Valerie!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, looking at that is making me feel like a bad secret pal. I promise I'll do better next month. (By the way I mailed your pacage today).

Your Handspun Secret Pal

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked everything! By the way, the yarn is to make the shawl if you want to. You can see it made by the Yarn Harlot with the exact same yarn if you google it.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Wow, what a great package!! The talk of dark chocolate and merlot just made my mouth water. ;)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very, very nice package. You must have been very good to deserve such an incredible treat!

9:41 AM  
Blogger BrownBerry said...

Hi Vicki!! Sending you sunshine from Florida! I'm looking forward to catching up on a few posts here.

My new blog is at www.thebrownberry.blogspot.com.

(And if you're going to Stitches MW this year, I have already booked my ticket! :))

2:18 PM  
Blogger Julie R. said...

Vicki!!

Just stopping in to say "Hi!" I haven't talked with you in so long, and I've been a baaaaad blogger. :lol:

I hope you all are doing well & the kids are all healthy again. Call me if you ever get a free second!!!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such pretty packaging!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Hi Vicki! I received my handspun package today -- the yarn is wonderful! What luster. Chocolate is already gone. :) Thank you!

4:34 PM  
Blogger pigbook1 said...

An invitation because I love your blog and I would love to learn more about you:

Write yourself a manifesto. Make it specific (knitting or parenting or music) or general (like mine) So that I can read it.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

Very nice SP, indeed!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

april 23, 2007....girl, do you blog anymore?! gimme your new blog addy, please!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home